Location: New York
We’re looking for an experienced and savvy Content Producer to manage, curate, and publish large volumes of content from the most read magazines in the U.S. This is a new role that will be highly visible and have a big impact on user engagement.
You should have a passion for magazines, a deep understanding of new media paradigms and the ability to make editorial decisions based on vast amount of user-generated data.
- Create a process to efficiently publish content on a daily basis
- Analyze, interpret, and manage large quantities of user data and make editorial choices based on this information and publishing guidelines
- Update content management tool on a daily basis with any new content selections
- Write and edit headlines, article summaries and images for the chosen content
- Work closely with internal data analytics team to streamline and improve the content automation process
- Have fingers on the pulse of current events and trends across a variety of subjects – news, entertainment, food, business, technology, fashion, fitness, etc.
- Proofread and preview all content before it goes live – you’re the last set of eyes before publication
- Bachelor’s degree required. English, Communications, or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Strong editing, proofreading and organizational skills
- Experience with automation tools
- Experience writing or editing news, ideally at an online media company
- Experience copy editing for format, grammar, clarity, etc.
- Previous experience with content management systems
- Strong attention to detail and a solid news judgment based on trending topics
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Well-read with diverse interests
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Office in New York – close to Time Square
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup