Location: New York, NY
Next Issue Media is currently looking for a talented Business Analyst to drive analysis, reporting, and research needs across the organization. This position will provide recommendations and insights that will frame thinking, inform decisions, and ultimately fuel growth.
The role will work closely with the marketing team with a heavy focus on identifying opportunities to improve customer conversion rates, sales funnel optimization, marketing campaign mix and spend, and channel metrics. This person will be an integral part of managing the day-to-day business as well as developing longer-term strategic initiatives across departments. This role is highly cross-functional in nature and as such the candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment and possess the ability to foster strong internal and external business relationships.
- Partner with business owners to define reporting needs, metrics, data sources, and analytics requirements.
- Supply business owners with information and analyses, providing them with the insights they need to assess and improve business results.
- Provide data mining, data modeling and related analyses for revenue, sales, ROI and unit forecasting, customer/market segments, as well as product pricing decisions.
- Respond to ongoing and ad hoc analytical reporting requests, including but not limited to SQL queries, sales funnel analysis, report campaign performance, marketing program effectiveness.
- Analyze large data sets and produce high level, key insights and presentations that can be used to drive decisions and set priorities.
- Develop and produce weekly/monthly/quarterly performance metrics reports presented to senior management and external partners to identify and answer key business questions.
- Work with cross-functional product and engineering teams to understand data sources, implement new requirements, identify gaps, build tools, and improve reporting at Next Issue Media.
- Ensure data integrity – Troubleshoot data discrepancies and work to find resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to translate business problems into information that drives better decision-making.
- Automation of manual reporting processes to enhance efficiency when needed.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in strategy, web analytics, or business analytics
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics preferred
- Experience analyzing web data for a medium to large e-commerce website preferred
- Knowledge of Omniture and Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of statistical tools and SQL skills a strong plus
- Highly entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and a keen desire to get things done
- Thrives in a fast-changing and collaborative environment
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Office in New York – close to Time Square
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup