Location: Menlo Park
We are looking for a proactive, energetic, self-starter who thrives on getting stuff done to join our dynamic and growing marketing team. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving customer engagement and retention through email and mobile communication campaigns that support our customer lifecycle management model.
This is a highly visible role where you can make an immediate impact on the organization by building out and improving upon the existing communication programs as well as establishing the digital marketing platform from the ground floor. This would be an ideal role for someone who is technically minded with a creative eye and has a passion for marketing to consumers and exceeding their expectations.
Next Issue Media is defining the future of digital magazines and this role is critical to creating a truly 1:1 relationship with our customers allowing them to get lost in a world of stories.
In addition to the core responsibilities listed, we are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and enjoys working cross-functionally to assist with various programs as the need arises. This position reports to the Senior Product Marketing Manager.
- Drive ongoing email campaigns to support customer lifecycle management including conversion to paid, engagement, retention, win-back, and cart abandonment
- Develop and execute new email campaigns to support the overall email and mobile push strategy
- Define a complete 1:1 and end-to-end Customer Journey Model
- Track and report performance of all email campaigns and KPIs including dashboard reporting design and delivery
- Partner with the team to develop and deliver an overall CRM roadmap strategy
- Manage the digital marketing platform (ExactTarget) including working with the data team to define the data requirements and developing the recommendation engine
- Analyze the data and provide recommendations to deliver personalized content that increases the ability to target specific customer personas
- Manage the quality and consistency of data capture across all customer touch points, including the website and all marketing campaigns
- Assist with supporting the weekly #weekendreads newsletter; ensuring an on time and zero defect delivery
- Partner with the marketing team to track customers by campaign source throughout the customer lifecycle
- Apply industry best practices to all campaigns and touch points
- Bachelor’s degree required, marketing or business preferred
- 5 years+ consumer marketing with 2+ years of online marketing or e-commerce
- Database marketing experience and familiarity with basic conditional formulas
- Proven experience working with CRM/Email marketing and campaign management
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail. Comfort and experience with tracking and analyzing data, web analytics, and an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others internally and external
- Ability to manage projects, organized and able to set clear priorities
- Experience with ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is a plus
- Collaborative player with good interpersonal skills
- Resourceful – ability to get things done with a lean staff and modest resources
- Ability to work against tight time deadlines while remaining calm under pressure
- Competitive Salary and opportunity for career growth
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Offices in Menlo Park (close to Menlo Park Caltrain station) and Financial District
- Fitness center, yoga, ping-pong, pinball, and team bonding events
- Healthy snacks, drinks, and weekly lunches
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup