Location: Menlo Park
Next Issue Media is currently looking for a talented Program Manager to join our dynamic Digital Publishing team. This role will work closely with external publishers and manage the digital content development and testing for next-generation iOS, Android and Win8 app experiences for magazine consumers. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating the development, testing and delivery of quality magazine content across multiple platforms in a fun, fast-paced startup environment. This role reports to the Director of Digital Publishing Operations.
- Effectively manage relationships with external publishers and internal stakeholder to ensure all content-related deliverables are met.
- Drive on-time delivery of quality digital content to the Next Issue Media storefront.
- Work closely with external publishers to support and coordinate deployment of next generation publishing tools.
- Maintain open communication channels between the Digital Publishing team, external publishers and internal stakeholders including the product development, engineering and quality assurance teams.
- Develop and maintain the Digital Publishing teams content schedules for all key program milestones and deliverables.
- Participate in daily standups with the engineering team and escalate any issues or roadblocks that might impact an on-time release of any content material.
- Regularly communicate program status and key issues to management.
- 3+ years of program management experience in the software space.
- Bachelor degree in the technical field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of driving and successfully launching programs in an agile development environment.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and strong aptitude in problem solving.
- Domain experience in iOS and Android mobile applications, a plus.
- Experience in the publishing industry and media delivery services, a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K matching
- Offices in Menlo Park (close to Menlo Park Caltrain station) and Financial District
- Fitness center, yoga, ping-pong, pinball, and team bonding events
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup